Wednesday 24 November 2010

Planning Nightmare 3

The vibes. The vibes!

I spent this morning doing a 5 page paper for the planning department, and good stuff it was too. I looked at Norbert and he just looked as if we had no chance of persuading the planners to allow a one storey College.

Anyway off I went to get Pastor Paul to sign the document. When I arrived he had a letter from the REMA office - the certificate - yes! NO, NO NO. A letter to say that we needed a full environmental report. But I knew that, we knew that a month ago - did the consultant we paid not do a report?Apparently not, just a letter asking REMA to advise us if we needed a full report.

Macfarlane self combusts at this point. Another 2 weeks delay, and off to the local printing company to change the document I had spent all morning on.

We went round to the one stop centre and dropped in the paper and chatted with the planner. He was nice enough, but the facial expression and vibes were not good!

This afternoon, we went to see a REMA consultant who is going to the report and will have it with me on Tuesday - pretty good considering the amount of work. 

Tonight I had a meeting with Denis Overton and Stephen Bell, and others. Denis does a lot of work on helping entrepreneurs in Rwanda. You could tell he thought the planning application would fail, and his friend, who seemed to know quite a lot of important people, looked pretty glum too.

I am starting to think glum too. I do have a couple of possible helpers  - including Winnie 'who wraps planners round her finger' - going to phone her first thing - more of her tomorrow.

So the next instalment is Friday - cannot wait

No comments:

Post a Comment