Saturday 27 November 2010

One Stop



I have visited this One Stop centre 4 times this week and will be there at least twice next week!

Herein lies the planning department who wanted our College building to be two storeys, which was a real risk to the project.

Yesterday, we went in ready for a fight, armed with my photos of one storey buildings all along the road where we are to build, and lots of arguments I had rehearsed. 

Final threat was to set Winnie on them.

The first thing Vincent murmured almost in audibly, so quickly passed over that I doubted he said it – ‘floors ok’, and then went on to say we needed more toilets – 8 for males and 10 for females.

Later in conversation I had to ask him to clarify about the one - two storey issue. Yes, we will support one storey. Fantastic!

I could not have cared less about toilets – would have given him a 100!!

So basically the planners are fine with our building, and are supportive. Major hurdle overcome.

Now we only need 2 more documents – REMA certificate, and Land lease contract – should have them within the week – perhaps by Thursday when I leave (overly hopeful!).  Would really like everything sorted by then.

If cannot get that done to my satisfaction, it leaves me with a dilemma about a short trip out in late December/early January to complete things.

NEARLY THERE – I THINK!

No comments:

Post a Comment