Monday 29 November 2010

Kamikaze and Emmanuel




This video - well it would have been if I could get it loaded - 12 hours trying! (will try again later) is for my church friends and particularly those who have been out to Kigali in July of the last 2 years. This morning Emmanuel Rubagumya, who is a pastor at L'Eglise Vivante, and his fiance were being introduced to the congregation

They are getting married on the 18th of December and this was like their banns being read out. Emmanuel's fiance is Kamikaze - pronounced kamkiz. When Emmanuel txt me the spelling of her name I had to double check. She is quite a shy person, and does not look like her name! However, in Rwandan her name means queen which is much more like she is.

She speaks only a little English, and mainly French, but when we chatted after the service we managed to communicate a bit, and I wished them both all the best for their wedding - from everyone at Chryston church.

The others in the video are Paul, the pastor who is reading the banns, and their friends John Mutesa who led some brilliant singing today, and Bette.

I do not know if you will recognise Bette. You will remember I was down at the Friends of Jesus on Friday and met Betty and her great kids. Well here she is with her new hairstyle - which is why I did not recognise her when I was walking through Remera on Saturday.

Rwandan women change their hairstyle all the time, and it is really a big thing here to be very smart with the latest clothes and styles.

I do not fit in well to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment