Monday 30 August 2010

Stats, CADs, KIST, and BBB



Hi to all you watchers, and bloggers.

I finally found the stats tab on the blog - it had gone walkies. Various emails and texts were telling me there were a few sad (like us) people out there with nothing better to do than watch our progress, and other things.

Well the stats are showing 98 hits yesterday, and 1124 over the last month. Great to have people's support and interest. We have had hits from USA (about 45 - who are all you guys?). Then there is someone in Singapore, a few in Germany. Would be great to know who is watching.

Nice to know from Fiona that the Braehead office is enjoying the occasional laugh re the blog. I hope Chris has got that ice just perfect for my first curling practice when I get back. Pamela - has David McAdam booked practice ice for Mon 13th at lunch time - for him and me - he is a bit silent about it - let me know, but do not tell him I was checking up(!!).

What I particularly liked about the stats was that the top post so far is the one of Roger on his knees. I shall let him know in the morning - he's gone to bed. He's an early bedder - I'm the owl!.

The second biggest number of hits was Roger and the cow - he is obviously becoming quite a celebrity - I mean Roger - not the cow.

Today we were worried about the land deed and eastings and northings. Thanks for those trying to get us information about this - please relax. Having had 3 different readings from land surveyors, some in Congo and others a mile west of the site, we finally managed to get the matter settled, and the land deed has gone off to be registered.

Another problem was the extent of work being requested for the planning application which included an engineering report on all 4 buildings in the site masterplan. We had to visit another architect with much experience of working in Kigali, and have clarified what remains to be done. So we are back on track with deadline of planning application going in on Monday, which we should achieve, though Rog is once again going to be very busy.

This afternoon Paul the Pastor, Roger and I spent about an hour and a half talking about what we need to do to set up the College. This will require some transitional staff, and a gradual growth of courses, probably starting with construction. It is very early days but we need to make sure the staffing and financial plans are in place as soon as possible. Good to get the discussion started and particularly regarding the people with skills that might have a heart for this work.

Tomorrow I have to try and do some CAD drawings and see if I can produce a polished 3D front and back image of the College. Failing this I may have to phone up Gordon Yeaman and ask him to some work again - hopefully not Gordon.

I also want to make appointments with the Rector for the Kigali Institute for Science and Technology - Abraham Atta Ogwo. Abraham has close links with Glasgow, and I met him in Whiteinch in July, and we agreed that we would would spend a bit longer talking about lots of stuff! More of this when I have seen him.

I have to relate that I am pretty grumpy regarding my new nickname. When Norman Cathcart sends me copies of emails marked to Garlic M I know that my concerns re this nickname sticking are coming all too true.

So from Garlic and Roger to all of you - God bless

PS - We are thinking up lots of nicknames for each of you - How about Bad Boy Bennie!

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos of the kids, where was that taken? Did Rog pay the one with his initial to be in the centre of the photo.Everyone at Chryston and at work asking me how you are doing and really interested to hear your news. Loads of people really loving the blog and the mix of fun and the serious stuff going on. Is Rog drawing up plans for my kitchen extension while he is out there on this retirement jaunt?? Loads of love to you both, missing you mega. Chryston adveturers enjoying lack of usual harrassment(not sure of spelling) so not missing you quite so much. Lol Fi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rog say that your kitchen plans are not a problem, but he says you need to work on your husband Garlic and his procrastination

    ReplyDelete