Monday 23 August 2010

Dancing the Aisles


Well this is pretty shocking to the Church of Scotland mentality. Church service started at 9.30 and lasted until 1pm. But the real difficulty was coping with the charismatic nature of the service, dancing, raising of hands and speaking in tongues.

Roger says he did raise a hand once - though I cannot confirm this. As far as I was concerned, tapping my feet was about as far as I would go. There is one photo of me smiling (definitely not a CofS act) and perhaps a slight sway of my hips - but your not getting to see it unless I accidentally upload it!

Photos are very slow to load - so apologies for the lack of pictures - I will try and load as many as possible.

After the service we went with the Rwandan team to the site and a newly built Medical Centre by Solace Ministries. We now have a pretty good understanding of how the Rwandans construct their buildings, so Roger is sitting with me at the UTC drawing more plans.

The Rwandan team are also looking at building a church on the site, and now want a guest house - for all you Scots people that want to come out and help with the various work - and as part of the guest house, some shops, restaurant, medical centre and goodness knows what else. I am not sure Rog will get all the designs for this done by Wednesday night when we next meet!

So lots happening and much to do - off to meet the Mayors district team, in charge of everything in the area - just trying to pursuade them that we are good guys and that we want the best for their people and district. So no problem there then!

No comments:

Post a Comment