Thursday 2 December 2010

Elastic Band Missing

Right Flemingd, or whatever your name is. Where did you put the elastic band to start up this plane. Its ridiculous, I have searched all over Kigali airport, and not one of these large planes is willing to lend me their elastic band.

I have tried starting the prop myself. The only technique that gets anywhere close to a puttputt, is standing on the top blade, and jumping like a bungie jumper, head first onto a mattress while holding the edge of the prop. I have given this up for the obvious reason that the top of my head is now flat, and the taximoto helmet I was using has only stayed on once in 20 tries.

I knew the Ginger did not want me back in the country when I received his wireless earlier today.

However, I have solved the problem. I found a rope thats quite long enough, and am going to attach it to the tyre of one of these jumbo jet things. Hopefully when it takes off it will drag me along. When it gets to about ten thousand feet I am going to let go the slip knot - hope I did it right, been a long time since the scouts.

Anyway when I let go my tow, I will dive stuka like and with the speed of the descent the blade are bound to spin, and then I can put it into gear, and I am sure I can jump start the lysander, before I meet a Rwandan grave.

For those that do not think it will work, I am pretty sure Biggles did something similar, in his last episode - cannot quite remember how it finished though!

Anyway, having a quick carafe of white wine in the Novotel to get my courage up, and then I am off. Can smell the fish and chips and a pint of cider already - amazing how far smells travel.

Bad Boy, get that elastic band off ginger, we may need it to stop me if I skid on the snow - put it across Lanrig Road when you see me dip the wing, and I'll stick a hook out the back to catch it on the way past.

No comments:

Post a Comment