Wednesday 8 September 2010

Brilliant Office, Manic Retreats



3rd Blog of the evening, none rational, and why should they be.

I had so much to say tonight, that I decided to change my pattern. You see I usually get back to my room at 10pm and then lie on my bed under my net hiding from Manic Mosquito. Now, having been bitten quite a lot in our time here, I took to avoiding Manic. But this has had the detrimental effect that I toss and turn on one elbow then the other as I blog way. Eventually I get fed up with the discomfort and give up, and nod off.

Anyway tonight I am in my office - actually out in my office. I have a balcony which is great in the morning, because you get a great view - (see photo), sunshine and warmth, great sounds of children playing and singing, and for two or three hours can do my business planning, and organising meetings, before it becomes too hot.

So tonight I decided that I should fight back against manic, and came out onto the veranda, with the mosquito spray, squirted it everywhere, and for the last hour I have been able to work very happily listening to my usual music, while watching the lightning and thunder storm.

This is probably the best time to make a formal complaint against my fellow colleague about my work. I used to be doctor of some standing (many would dispute this I know), but at least I thought I had some position. Then I took a voluntary step down to be a Project Manager of a one man team (Roger). Not much of a position I hear you say, but at least I was in charge.

However, he has very ably turned the tables, and I am now merely an architect's secretary. For the last three days I have been typing out all the details for his plans, headings, and outline specifications. From GP to secretary - what a come down. Is this really my calling.

Anyway, we have pretty well finished all our work - see report in 'College Report'

I, however must more seriously put on record how tremendously hard Roger has worked to get everything done, and it has been a great privilege to share this time with him. He has been fabulous in every way - except his sense of direction which remains awful - he says its because he is too busy trying to cope with the work I am putting on him.

Mary, you can be very proud of your husband - thank you for lending him to me and the project for these three weeks - a great friend, a tireless worker, valued advisor, and most importantly providing me with loads of fun and many laughs.

By the way, I am now inside, on my bed - and manic has been drowned by the flood outside - YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment